Deputy Country Director - Haiti
After sharing the story of the Good Samaritan, Jesus said "Go and do likewise." That is the mission of Samaritan's Purse-to follow the example of Christ by helping those in need and proclaiming the hope of the Gospel. We are searching for the next Deputy Country Director (DCD) for our Haiti field office. This could be your chance to have a career with impact!
The Deputy Country Director (DCD) will assist the Country Director (CD) in activities that promote the success of Samaritan’s Purse (SP) in Haiti and the fulfillment of its goals and strategic objectives. These activities include management of government and donor relations, program design, program implementation and evaluation, and support to field staff.
You will be given the opportunity to:
- In the absence of the CD, serve as the chief representative of SP-Haiti to oversee all finances, administration, programs, assets, and staff.
- Provide professional representation of SP at meetings with government, donor, and civil society partners. Actively engage with these and other valuable contacts to increase support for SP programming.
- Act as a liaison with donor agencies: WFP, USAID, UNICEF, etc. Identify and maintain awareness of potential funding sources for ongoing and potential SP projects.
- Collaborate with the Program Development Officer (PDO) and Program Managers (PMs) in writing proposals and program budgets, monitoring program implementation and financial expenditures, and evaluating ongoing and new activities.
- Support PMs in the set-up of new field programs, including financial, logistical, personnel, and onsite support.
- Oversee and provide field staff support, address programmatic challenges, and explore potential program possibilities.
- Establish and implement appropriate administrative, human resource, legal, and program policies with the assistance of the CD.
- Assist the CD in fostering spiritual support, encouragement, and growth amongst all staff.
- Aid the CD in program planning, monitoring, implementation and evaluation of the country programs.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
We ask that you bring:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university. Masters is strongly preferred.
- Three to five years related international work experience is required.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in proposal writing for external funding agencies such as USAID, DFID, UNICEF, etc, is desirable.
- Ability to comfortably work with government, church, and community leaders.
- Demonstrated project, staff, and financial management skills.
- Proven organizational leadership of a cross-cultural team.
- Self-starter with strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Competent in applying best practices in monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to cope with stress and live in basic conditions; patience and flexibility.
- Previous living and working experience in a developing country, especially in Haiti.
- Fluent in written and verbal English.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs.
- Travel up to 25% of the time to SP Haiti field sites.
Two Year Contract
Accompanied position but unable to accommodate children
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8182