Samaritan’s Purse (SP) is looking for a Country Director (CD) to provide overall management to SP’s activities in Uganda including project development, staff management, and implementation within organizational guidelines.
This position requires commitment and understanding of SP Mission and Statement of Faith, as well as agreement and compliance with the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith and policies.
Description of Job duties:
- Provide overall vision, management and leadership to SP activities.
- Provide professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Maintain awareness and communicate legal and cultural requirements and ensure reasonable compliance of SP with the same.
- Ensure proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Monitor potential and present emergencies and keep SP informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Ensure appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
- Serve as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
- Monitor program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluate ongoing and new activities.
- Implement programs within the organizational guidelines of Samaritan’s Purse.
- Develop and implement staff reporting structure.
- Prepare and submit monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
- Conduct field assessments, identify needs, design and implement response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
- Develop new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned SP projects.
- Ensure that stories and photographs are sent to the Regional Director on a regular basis to share with the Communications Department.
- Maintain profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Provide job descriptions for expatriate staff and make hiring / firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
- Implement field policies to ensure staff satisfaction, safety and security.
- Participate in emergency response and first insertion teams as needed.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ; is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cheerful; an encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team
- Spiritual maturity; Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred
- Proven management and leadership experience with Diplomacy and negotiating skills
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied position.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7968