Country Director - Vietnam
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader and manager with a heart for refugees? Join us as a Country Director at Samaritan’s Purse (SP)! As a Country Director, you will serve as SP’s primary representative for country office operations in Vietnam. Your leadership will be instrumental in showing the love of Christ to those in need. Let God put your leadership and humanitarian expertise to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Provides overall vision, management and leadership to SP activities in Vietnam.
- Provides professional representation for SP with government officials, dignitaries, other NGOs, funding agencies, and visitors.
- Serves as director, executive administrator, and primary contact for country field projects.
- Maintains awareness and communicates legal and cultural requirements and ensures reasonable compliance of SP with the same.
- Manages several subordinate supervisors who supervise a number of employees in various areas of supervision. Also directly supervises non-supervisory employees.
- Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Ensures appropriate supervision, support and direction for the effective engagement of all expatriate and national staff in their various assignments.
- Ensures proper financial accounting and monthly reporting of all funds and financial activity.
- Implements field policies to ensure staff satisfaction, safety and security.
- Implements programs within the organizational guidelines of SP.
- Monitors potential and present emergencies and keeps SP informed of events, including crisis response options.
- Monitors program effectiveness and financial accountability, and evaluates ongoing and new activities.
- Develops and implements staff reporting structure.
- Develops new programs, identifying and pursuing potential funding and other available resources for ongoing, new, or planned SP projects.
- Prepares and submits monthly narrative and programmatic field reports to the Regional Director.
- Conducts field assessments, identifies needs, designs and implements response plans, including project budgets and writing funding proposals.
- Maintains profiles on all field staff, including emergency contact numbers and copies of passports and visas, performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Provides job descriptions for expatriate staff and makes hiring/firing recommendations to Regional Director and Field Staff Coordinator.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the Regional Director.
- Maintains a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Commitment to the Samaritan’s Purse statement of faith, and experience in working with cross-cultural and cross-denominational Christians.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ related international work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Experience living and working overseas.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to field sites to monitor projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Works well in a diverse team and a pressured environment.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability in a high-stress environment.
- Cheerful, diplomatic encourager.
- Concern for the spiritual well-being of the team.
- Spiritual maturity.
24 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an accompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8233