Do you want a Commodities career with impact?
Serve with Samaritan’s Purse (SP) in South Sudan as a Commodity Manager where you will be responsible for overall management and monitoring of all food commodities and storage facilities managed by Samaritan’s Purse. This position will provide technical oversight to all field-level Warehouse Managers and warehouse staff, and will liaise with the Logistics department for transportation and distribution of commodity to and from the warehouse.
With your expertise, we will be able to keep working to share the good news of Jesus Christ while meeting the physical needs of the people we're serving. For an opportunity to serve a hurting world as the hands and feet of Jesus, let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose through Samaritan’s Purse. Join us, today!
Description of Job duties:
- Responsible for the proper storage, fumigation, and security of all food commodities in all warehouses in the program area.
- Regularly monitoring, evaluating and communicating continuous feedback to management on quality commodity operations.
- Direct line manage warehouse staff in immediate area and act as technical advisor to all warehouse staff at remote warehouses in the program area that Samaritan’s Purse is responsible for. Applicant must be prepared to travel and spend multiple days at the different warehouse sites.
- Prepare Monthly Commodity Stock Report, Physical Counts Report, Monthly Receipt Report, Distribution Plan, and other report requested by management.
- Responsible for all systems of offloading and accountability of food coming into the warehouses and all systems of loading and accountability of food leaving the warehouses for distribution and that these procedures are in line with internal and sector standards.
- Conduct routine monitoring and audits of all warehouses and staff and provide training/take corrective actions where necessary.
- Work collaboratively with the Food Program Manager, Monitoring and Evaluation Manager and Operations Manager in the set-up of distributions, including financial, logistical, personnel and on-site support where required.
- Responsible for the overall security system for all Samaritan’s Purse managed food warehouses in the program area to ensure no food commodities or warehouse supplies (pallets, plastic sheet, fencing, etc.) leave the warehouses without proper consent.
- Assist the Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator in monthly and annual budgetary planning.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the program team, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ.
- Three years of warehouse management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or four additional years related experience or training..
- Experience in Commodities Management, use of Commodities Tracking Systems (CTS), warehousing, distribution, etc.;
- Good working knowledge of database, Excel and Word.
- One year of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred
- Experience with commodity management in donor funded programs
- This work environment will be physically challenging. The employee will be exposed to excessive tropical heat, sun, and moisture.
12 month contract with the potential for renewal.
This is an unaccompanied assignment.
International Employee Benefits
Employees who choose to work internationally get to take advantage of the following benefits:
- Medical, prescription, dental & vision coverage
- Disability insurance
- Term Life insurance
- Retirement savings plan
- Ten paid holidays (holiday observance will depend on the host country)
- Annual home leave
- Twelve vacation days per year
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8169