Base Logistics Manager - Les Cayes/Jeremie, Haiti
Are you an experienced humanitarian leader with a heart for the hurting? Join us as a Base Logistics Manager at Samaritan’s Purse (SP), Haiti! As the Base Logistics Manager, you will responsible for oversight of the two operational bases located at Camp Mahanaim and Jeremie - including the offices, living spaces, storage buildings and any other facility, ground operations, supporting national staff at both locations along with the kitchen, janitorial, and laundry operations and operating budget (and possibly vehicle maintenance). Let God put your talents to use for a humanitarian cause with an eternal purpose. Join us, today!
- Work with the landlords at both operating bases ensuring all facilities remain in good repair and safe for occupancy according to the leases of the property including all physical structures such as housing, offices, storage, and any other building and support systems such as the well, water pipes and all plumbing fixtures; the electrical infrastructure; appliance repair; and other areas as the arise within the facilities leased to SP.
- Maintain, manage and control the operating bases’ budget, including food purchases, kitchen, office, and janitorial supplies, building maintenance, property and ground supplies, equipment maintenance and repair, contract labor, and other areas in coordination with logistics, maintenance, and communication support staff.
- Supervise the kitchen staff -- ensuring the provision of quality food and the maintenance of hygienic food preparation and service areas.
- Oversee the staff that perform janitorial and laundry service.
- Build staff capacity - work with the staff to train and develop their capacity in their assigned roles, in teamwork, conflict resolution and support their spiritual growth.
- Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of the national staff to the Area Coordinator and Country Director.
- To oversee all aspects of procurement, storage, fleet management and communications.
- To design improved systems where necessary.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Manage all vehicles and drivers at both the base locations.
- Frequent travel to other parts of the region and country to identify potential suppliers of materials, goods and services.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Deputy Country Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- International disaster relief background strongly encouraged
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Above average communication skills - English verbal and written
- Networking and team building skills will be required
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Cheerful, diplomatic, encourager, concern for the spiritual well-being of the team Spiritual maturity;
- Ability to keep the focus of work on the overall goal of sharing the gospel
- Ability to communicate and interact well with people of different educational, linguistic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Strong relational skills and financial management experience preferred.
- Proven management and leadership experience.
- Diplomacy, negotiating skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum 5 years of management experience, preferably in a disaster location; Experience working in Haitian contexts; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field desirable; French/Creole language skills a plus. Water, sanitation, construction, experience a plus. Twelve credit hours of college-level Biblical studies strongly preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. English required; French/Creole language skills, preferred but not necessary.
Open Till Filled
Samaritan’s Purse Distinct Objectives:
PROCLAIM THE GOSPEL - EXALT Christ and share the Gospel while working in His Name around the world
SERVE WITH EXCELLENCE - EXCEED the world’s standard while serving the purposes of God’s kingdom
RESPOND WITH COMPASSIONATE ACTION - EXPEDITE our response to needs as the Lord reveals opportunities to minister
DEMONSTRATE BIBLICAL INTEGRITY - EXHIBIT character and integrity personally, at home and work
WALK IN BOLD FAITH - EXPECT God to do the impossible
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Samaritan's Purse Statement of Faith:
* We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God. (1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
* We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; John 10:30; Ephesians 4:4-6)
* We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. (Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29; Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; 2 Corinthians 5:21; Philippians 2:5-11; Hebrews 1:1-4 and 4:15)
* We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:46-47; John 14:6; Acts 4:12; Romans 3:23; 2 Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7 and 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
* We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. (John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8 and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14; Galatians 5:16-18; Ephesians 6:12; Colossians 2:6-10)
* We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of eternal life and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation and eternal punishment. (1 Corinthians 15:51-57; Revelation 20:11-15)
* We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the church. (1 Corinthians 12:12, 27; Ephesians 1:22-23)
* We believe that the ministry of evangelism and discipleship is a responsibility of all followers of Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe God’s plan for human sexuality is to be expressed only within the context of marriage, that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. For this reason, we believe that marriage is exclusively the union of one genetic male and one genetic female. (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9)
* We believe that we must dedicate ourselves to prayer, to the service of our Lord, to His authority over our lives, and to the ministry of evangelism. (Matthew 9:35-38; 22:37-39, and 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Romans 10:9-15 and 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10; Colossians 2:6-10; 1 Peter 3:15)
* We believe that human life is sacred from conception to its natural end; and that we must have concern for the physical and spiritual needs of our fellowmen. (Psalm 139:13; Isaiah 49:1; Jeremiah 1:5; Matthew 22:37-39; Romans 12:20-21; Galatians 6:10)
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 7813